YPP believes that all employees and tenants have the right to be free from harassment and bullying of any description, whether based on sex, trans-gender status, marital status, civil partnership status, pregnancy, race, disability, age, political or religious belief or sexuality.
We believe that both our staff members and our tenants have a right to be treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to ensuring that the services we provide do not discriminate against our customers, both in the letting process when receiving applications from prospective tenants and in the ongoing management of all tenancies.
We intend to promote equality and prevent discrimination through our roles as:
• An Accommodation Service provider
• An employer.
Characteristics protected by equality legislation are:
• Gender reassignment
• Marriage/civil partnership
• Pregnancy/maternity leave
• Religion or belief
• Sexual orientation.
How our equality and diversity policy is put into practice:
• YPP treats all students and staff with a non-judgemental attitude
• YPP does not tolerate discrimination, harassment, bullying or victimisation against employees, students or third parties in any YPP property
• YPP will fully investigate complaints from employees, students or third parties at any YPP property who feel they have been unfairly discriminated against.