How do I set up bills?
If your water, gas or electricity is not included in your rental fee and you don’t collect electric cards from our office, you will need to contact the appropriate supplier for your property once you've moved in.
Do I need a TV license?
If you use a laptop (or any other device) to: watch or record television programmes as they are being shown on TV or live on an online TV service; to download or watch BBC programmes on demand including catch-up TV on BBC iPlayer, then by law, you need to be covered by a TV Licence. Purchase a license here or call 0300 790 6131.
How much council tax will I need to pay?
Full time students do not pay council tax. If you are a professional or part-time student, then you can check how much tax you’ll need to pay here. If you need to speak to someone about your council tax, here are some contact numbers:
Should I get home insurance?
We recommend that all tenants purchase their own contents insurance. However, the property you will live in is insured as a building to the legal requirements of the United Kingdom.
How to keep your property safe:
While you are away from home, it is important to keep your property secure and your contents safe. Insuring possessions of value is a great idea, but here are some more practical tips to help keep your contents safe while you are away:
1. Check all windows and doors are locked, as well as curtains drawn before leaving.
2. Do not post specific holiday dates on social media as this could inform others when your property will be empty.
3. Take any costly possessions with you or leave them with a trusted friend.
4. If you are away for a long period, you could put your expensive items into storage.
5. Automatic timer switches can be bought from most DIY shops & give the illusion that someone is in. Set a timer to turn a lamp on during the evening while you're away.
6. Unplug all of your appliances to protect them from power surges as well as wasted electricity.
7. Check all of your taps are turned off.
8. Just before you leave your home, spare a few minutes to walk around your home and double check everything is safe and secure.
How do I connect to Wi-Fi?
If Wi-Fi is included in your property then StudentCom will create a username and password for you, just use these details to login to the network.
Does YPP offer a cleaning service?
YPP does not currently offer a cleaning service, though in our large developments we do ensure the communal areas (reception, hallways and lifts) are cleaned regularly.
How do I report an issue with my flat?
Please visit our Maintenance tool here, where there is a step-by-step guide.
What do I do in the event of a theft / break in at my property?
You should call 101 and ask for the police. Request a crime reference number and notify us of the incident.
What do I do if I’m locked out?
If you are locked out of your property you can call our emergency number (provided on your tenancy agreement), but you will be required to pay the call-out charge when the engineer lets you in.
You can also call a locksmith; we recommend Timpson: 0161 946 4301.
What do I do if there's a fire in my flat?
Under no circumstance should you put the fire out yourself. You should call 999. After that, please notify us using the emergency contact number.
What should I do if I smell gas in my property?
If you have a gas leak or can smell gas, you must immediately evacuate the property and contact the National Grid Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999. After that, please notify us using the emergency contact number.
How do I make a complaint?
We take complaints about our work, staff and levels of service very seriously. If you are unhappy with the service we have provided, it is worthwhile discussing your concerns with us early on, as we may be able to sort the issue out quickly. If you would like to raise a formal complaint, please follow the process below.
1. Speak to a member of staff by phone or e-mail. Alternatively, you can write to us at YPP House, 6 Blenheim Terrace, Leeds, LS2 9HZ.
3. If you feel the problem still has not been resolved, please email our dedicated complaints email address at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I update my address?
How do I register to vote?
You can register to vote online by visiting gov.uk/registertovote.
How to I end my tenancy agreement?
Once you have signed a tenancy agreement you cannot break the contract. However, in exceptional circumstances we might be able to help you end the contract sooner. Please contact us for further details.
I have forgotten my deposit I.D
To reset your repayment I.D please go to Deposit Protection.